Monday 13 August 2012

Olympics 2012 - The People's Games

I can't believe this is coming to an end if not ended already.  I remember the day that we won the bid to host the Olympics, all those years ago and now the games have been and gone.

This year I remember my relatives asking me when I was in Hong Kong 'Are you looking forward to the Olympics?', my response was a straight forward 'no'.  To me at the beginning of the year Olympics didn't mean much to me, I just saw it as a pain as it was going to cause me traffic problems...the cycle race was round the area I work.

However as the week has unfolded I have warmed to the Olympics.  Been to Team GB house, held the Olympic Torch (ok, one of them), I stayed up to as far as I could to watch the opening ceremony (I was up at 5am that morning), watched a bit of the cycle race, learnt what the word Pentolon meant,  looked for Wenlock and Mandeville,  jumped up and down and screamed at the screen, protesting when GB was robbed of a gold in the gymnastics....the list goes on.


These games have been amazing, to be third in the medal table is unbelievable.  Well done to everyone who took part and won a medal.   You did us all proud.  I particularly enjoyed watching Phelps in the swimming, Mo Farrah in the 5000m and 10000m, Chris Hoy becoming the best British Olympian of all time, 6 gold medals and Tom Daley in the diving (so hyper when he won a medal!).  Definitely Our Greatest Team by miles!





I even attempted the Mo Farrah pose!


The sports were not the only thing that was great.  The closing ceremony was brilliant.  We had some of the best of british music....Spice Girls reunion!! Can't get better than that!












xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Aw I'm sad that the Olympics is over! It was so fast, but very enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my bad! i haven't watch the spice girls performed :(((
    hehe! by the way, thanks for dropping by my blog ^___________________^
    have a nice day!!!

    http://cupofpinktea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete