Wednesday 9 March 2011

Shrove Tuesday + 1 day = Ash Wednesday

So yesterday was Shrove Tuesday or for many people like me see it as Pancake Day.  (Did you know it was called Fat Tuesday????)

So why is it called Pancake Day?  After doing research on my favourite site Wikipedia, I found that making and eating such foods (Pancakes) was considered a last feast with ingredients such as sugar, fat and eggs, whose consumption was traditionally restricted during the ritual fasting associated with Lent.

One thing I didn't know was when Pancake Day was....Wiki has taught me something new!  Its in the seventh week before Easter, it can be as early as 3rd February or as late as the 9th March.   So a date for your diaries next year is 21st February.

So how did I celebrate? Well with Carte D'Or and Baileys Cream...yum yum, move over 'My Old Dutch', as the YY menu is on its way!!!


 I hope you all had a lovely Pancake day and didn't have to give up too much for lent!

Xoxo

(Pictures from Lomo Lomo on my iphone 4, using the Diana and Bloody Mary and White Russian Lens)

No comments:

Post a Comment